I've been doing a lot of work in my son's room lately, so I thought I'd take a little break from it and show you my bedroom in its current state.
The walls I painted last year with Behr's light French gray. I do like it, it's rather a moody color. It looks more gray in the late afternoons or when it's cloudy out (which here in New Mexico is about three days out of the year). It looks more blue in bright sunlight.
The rug is nice, but it's the rug that was previously in my living room and we had it for 12 years, so I'm sick of it and it will be going.
The night stands are part of a set related to this piece in my living room that I refinished this past summer while my kids were in Florida with their dad. They will be getting painted and new hardware.
Off to the left, which I could draw an arrow onto the picture if I had any Photo Shop skills, but I don't have any Photo Shop skills so I can't. Heck, I don't even have Photo Shop software, much less Photo Shop skills.
Anyway, back to my point, if you look off to the left of the picture that is what I lovingly (pardon my sarcasm) refer to as a "crap corner." These usually occur after I buy something that I have no room for from a thrift shop, or after I clean out my garage and transfer crap from the garage into my bedroom because it's large so, it's one of the few places in my house that I have to store miscellaneous crap.
The miscellaneous crap in that corner is a thrift shop find from last year (love it, but still don't know what to do with it?), my kids school papers that I haven't gotten around to organizing, some Halloween decorations that need to be put in the attic (although, why bother now? Halloween will be here before I know it), and a globe that I love but just can't find a home for.
So, here's the mood board that I mentioned before I got off on my little rant about crap corners.
- Bedding is from West Elm. I love white bedding and have wanted this for a long, long time.
- The rug I will be getting from Target. Although this one, from Deals Direct, is much nicer.
- The sunburst mirror I will most likely DIY.
- I love, love, love this fabric! I'm going to make a headboard out of it.
- Number 5 is supposed to be the light - don't know why the number didn't show up on the mood board? I saw this light on Vintage Revivals, made by the amazingly talented Mandi. I might do something like this.
- I'm thinking of having some teal accents like these vases.
- The yellow and white fabric will probably be an accent pillow on the bed.
- The background color on the mood board is Behr's light French gray, but clearly, in my room, it's more bluish than gray.