I thought you might like to see what I've been up to? I've been working hard trying to get my son's room completed. I'm not quite there yet, but I can tell you that his bedding is 99.9% done. Here it is in it's almost 100% finished state.
I kept seeing stripes in my mind for the bed, and I'd been looking on line for some fabric so that I could make a pillow case, but wasn't having any luck. Then, I finally found some striped fabric at Hobby Lobby that was exactly what I wanted and made a pillow case. I put the opening in the back.
Sewing this pillow was a little tricky because of the fuzzy things sticking out of the fabric. I had to pull some of them out in order to sew it. I was kind of afraid that I was going to ruin the pillow, but it turned out fine. I was going to take pictures of how I made the pillow case and modified the orange pillow but my camera battery was dead. I may make another pillow case though, so that I can show you how I made it. I was surprised at how easy it was. The navy blue sheets are Jacob's flannel sheets that I put on his bed in the winter.
I started out with two 6 X 9 drop cloths from Lowe's. I washed both beforehand. I cut about 10 inches off of the length of each of them. On the ends that I cut off, I folded them over about two inches and ironed it down. Then I sewed them with about a two inch seam allowance because this is where I was planning on putting the velcro closure for the open end where the comforter is inserted.
Jacob (and Bocce) waited patiently for me to snap some pictures before he got to jump on the bed to see how fluffy the duvet was. I think his smile says it all.
Jacob's room is slowly coming along. I just have a few more projects to finish up and some accessorizing to do, and then I'll be able to stick a fork in this room and call it "done". I cannot wait to have it all finished.
Thanks for dropping by and I hope you have a great day!